Located in Vihiga County; Western Region, Kaimosi Teachers Training College is a predecessor of Kaimosi Friends University College that was established as a constituent College of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, in 2014. Various accredited universities offer Courses in Education for prospective students who want to be teachers. The universities have course specific requirements for the various Arts and Sciences courses. They also offer various teaching subjects combinations. Here are the Education courses offered at Kaimosi Friends University College, KAFUCO and links to their application portals:
Bachelor of Education Course Requirements:
- Mean grade C+ (Plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects,
- 2 principal passes at A’Level and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education (May be exempted in relevant units).
- P1 teachers must have scored C+ at KCSE to qualify.
- Kisii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kenya Methodist University, kemu, Education and other Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kibabii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Karatina University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kabarak University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Education courses offered at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, JOOUST, University:Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Universities that offer education courses, teaching combinations, offered, requirements and how to apply for Chuka university courses
Bachelor of Education(Arts) Admission Requirements
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects chosen,
- 2 Principal passes at A’Leveland1 Subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education.
- P1teachers must have scored a mean grade of C+ at KCSE with at least C+ in two teaching subjects chosen.
Duration, mode of Study and tuition Fee only in (KES)Four (4) Academic years Full-time and School-based 50,000/= Per semester
- KUCCPS (Sponsored by the Kenyan Government): This is done through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), formerly the national Joint Admission Board (JAB), the body that does admission of students for all public universities in Kenya. To access your Admission Letter as KUCCPS direct entry students click here
- PSSP (SELF Sponsored) Students: Because the government sponsorship can cater for very few qualifying candidates, the university gives an option for self sponsorship. In this option, the admission will be done internally at the university. Admission to any postgraduate programme at the university is carried out by the Directorate of Postgraduate Studies (DPS) in close consultancy with the relevant school or faculty.
- To apply for a Ph.D, Masters, Bachelor, Diploma or Certificate Programme (View Programmes here) as a Self Sponsored Student download the application forms here and submit the duly filled forms at the Registrar Academics Office.
- To view Fee Structures click here.
- website: www.kafuco.ac.ke
- Programmes offered at KAFUCO
- Students’ Fees Structures
- Admission application forms
KUCCPS APPROVED PROGRAMMES ON OFFER AT KAFUCO
|S/N||PROGRAMME CODE||PROGRAMME NAME||2018 CUTOFF||2017 CUTOFF||2016 CUTOFF||2015 CUTOFF||2014 CUTOFF|
|1||1470133||BACHELOR OF COMMERCE||25.013||–||24.849||23.000||–|
|2||1470135||BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (ARTS)||23.366||–||28.058||23.000||–|
|3||1470136||BACHELOR OF CRIMINOLOGY||25.471||–||27.019||23.000||–|
|4||1470137||BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SCIENCE)||23.737||–||28.366||26.972||–|
|5||1470146||BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ECONOMICS||23.901||–||25.548||23.000||–|
|6||1470164||BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (APPLIED STATISTICS, WITH IT)||25.223||–||24.162||23.000||–|
|7||1470232||BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||23.636||–||23.522||23.000||–|
|8||1470309||BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (MATHEMATICS WITH IT)||24.094||–||25.198||23.000||–|
|9||1470588||BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (MATHEMATICS & ECONOMICS, WITH IT||24.545||–||24.812||23.000||–|