Over a dozen of the current elected leaders are facing various charges at the Kenyan law courts. We sample some, here:
- Okoth Obado- The second term Migori County governor is facing murder charges at the high court. The governor is implicated in the awful killing of Rongo University student, Sharon Otieno, with whom he had an intimate relationship. He was released, on 25/10/2018, after paying a cash bail of KSh. 5 million with 2 sureties of similar amount. Read full details, here: Governor Obado free at last
Migori Governor, Hon. Okoth Obado.
- Ayub Savula- The Lugari Constituency Legislator was arrested on Friday, last week, and is to be presented to court this morning. He is facing charges of fraudulently obtaining Kshs 122 million, together with other accomplices, from the Government Advertising Agency, GAA. Read full details here: Lugari MP, Hon. Savula, arrested and The DPP’s statement on arrest of Savula and corruption at the GAA
Lugari MP, Hon. Ayub Savula
- John Waluke- The Sirisia Constituency Member of Parliament is facing charges for fraudulently acquiring public property through his company, Erad supplies.
Hon. John Waluke- Sirisia MP
- Alfred Keter- The fiery Nandi Hills Constituency Legislator was, in February 2018, charged with forgery of treasury bills valued at Kshs. 633 million.
Hon. Alfred Keter- Nandi Hills MP
- George Aladwa (Makadara MP)- Faces incitement charges. He incited the public in 2017, before the General elections.
Hon George Aladwa- Makadara MP
- Babu owino (Ebakasi MP)- The vibrant first time ODM Legislator is facing assault charges.
- T.J Kajwang (Ruaraka Legislator)- Faces treason charges for unlawfully administering an oath to Hon. Raila Odinga after the protracted 2017 General elections.
- Chachu Ganya (North Horr) and Ali Rasso (Saku MP)- Arrested for incitement that led to the current inter- Clan clashes between the Borana and Gabra communities that has claimed over a dozen lives.
- James Gakuya (Embakasi North Law Maker)- Arrested in August, 2018, for falsely acquiring about Kshs. 40 million from the Constituency Development Fund, CDF.