Section 26 & 27 of the Public Officer Ethics Act (POEA) requires all public officers to declare their Income, Assets and Liabilities (IAL). All teachers are thus expected to fill an online Declaration by 31st December, 2019.
MODE OF DECLARATION
The Commission in 2017 Introduced an online Declaration Portal. This is the portal to be used for the 2017-2019 declarations. Declarations can be made following the steps outlined in the DIALS Manual.
ACCESSING ONLINE PORTAL
The Declaration Form can be accessed on the Teachers Online Portal https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/site/index. Please note that you may also access this portal through a smart phone too.
A do-it-yourself instruction manual has also been provided and is available on the TSC website http://www.teachersonline.go.ke under the Downloads Icon, next to the Declaration link. One may also make the Declaration process by following the prompts in the form after logging in.
MONITORING OF THE DECLARATION
All Heads of Institutions are required to monitor the progress of the Declarations in their respective institutions and report all cases of non-Compliance as reflected in line with Part B in the Wealth Dedaration Instruction Manual by 31st December, 2019.
(a) All teachers in employment of TSC are required to declare their Income, Assets & Liabilities. These include teachers on:
- Leave (Of whatever kind)
- Sick leave
- Authorized absence from duty
(b). Any teacher in TSC employment who fails to submit a Declaration or gives false or misleading information is liable to a fine of Kshs. 1,000,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding (1) one year or both upon conviction.
(c). It is mandatory for all teachers to have a personal working email address for setting, accessing and resetting individual passwords for the Declaration as applicable. A copy of the submitted Declaration will automatically be sent to the teacher’s email.
All sections of the Declaration must be filled. Incomplete Declaration Forms will be rejected by the system.
Teachers are encouraged to fill their Declarations in good time and not to forestall system congestion at the last minute. The system will be activated with effect from 1st November 2019 to 31st December 2019 to facilitate online declarations.
Guidelines for Declarations are available in the TSC website or visit: TSC Latest News and Documents Portal
- Click here to Visit the TSC portal for all information related to teachers and TSC
- Education news portal: Click here to get all news from the Education Sector
- For information related to KNEC, KCSE, KCPE, P1 Exams; click here
- KUCCPS portal; Click to get all information on Colleges, university students and Polytechnics, TVETs
- Looking for news on the Higher Education Loans Board, HELB? Click here
- UNiversities and Colleges News Portal: Click here for all Courses, Admission Requirements, Portals, Fees, Contacts and Many More
- All Schools’ Portal: Complete guide to Primary and Secondary Schools
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals