There are cases of learners who missed out registration last year due to one reason or another. Some learners failed to have their details captured as they did not have Birth Certificates; which are mandatory requirements for registration on the National Education Management Information System (NEMIS). Consequently, such learners lack the Personal unique Identifiers, UPI.
To register continuing learners:
- Visit the NEMIS portal at http://nemis.education.go.ke
- Log onto the system by using the official log in credentials; User Name and Password.
- Click on the ‘LEARNER’ tab and select ‘View my learners’ from the drop down list.
- Select the Class/ Form of the learner. A list of learners will be displayed.
- At the top left corner of the list, locate and click on the ‘ADD NEW STUDENT’ tab. A new window titled ‘Learner Bio Data’ is displayed.
- Enter the learner’s details correctly i.e Surname, First Name, Other Names, Birth Certificate Entry Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality and Special Condition (if any). Click on ‘SAVE BASIC DETAILS’ once done.
- The Learner will be accorded a new UPI.
- Select and correctly update details on the other two tabs; Contact details and Special Needs.
- NOTE: To edit the Learner’s details, open the form that the learner is currently placed by using the ‘LEARNER’ tab, locate the learner in the list and Click on ‘VIEW’.