Once examination results have been officially released, individual candidates and schools can get access to the results by using any of the modes below:
Getting a school’s results online.
A school can download the summarized results for all candidates from the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC portal. To do this:
- Visit the KNEC schools’ portal by clicking on: https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/. This will take you to the KNEC schools’ portal home page.
- Under the ‘SECONDARY SCHOOLS (KCSE)’ tab, click on Performance analysis link.
- In the next window, indicated as; KCSE- PERFORMANCE ANALYSI, enter the User name and password as used during the registration process. Now log into the portal and the results will be displayed there in terms of mean grade summary and Aggregate point Summary.
- To download the results, click on the export icon on the window and select your preferred format i.e PDF, word, excel….
- The results will download automatically, once you select the format.
How to receive the results via SMS
- Go to Compose New SMS in your phone.
- Type your full KCSE 2018 index Number.
- Send the SMS to 20076.
Please send the SMS once the results have been announced. Each SMS costs KShs. 25.