The National Transport and safety Authority, NTSA, has started issuing new digital generation number plates.
The new digital number plates are enhanced with security features that will help to curb fraud cases such as motor vehicle theft, log book scams and terrorism. These features include a QR code, NTSA serial number (linked with the vehicle chassis number), a hologram, a microchip, and the Kenyan flag.
New Digital Number Plate Replacement Fees
Motor vehicles: Ksh 3,050
Motorcycles: Ksh 1,550
How To Apply For The New NTSA Digital Number Plates In Kenya
- Log in to https://timsvirl.ntsa.go.ke
- Click on Vehicle Registration
- Select Reflective No. Plate
- Click Apply for Reflective No. Plate
- You will be redirected to your list of vehicles, choose the one you want to apply a number plate for
- Verify the vehicle details and click next
- Select the reason for applying for the Reflective plate i.e new generation plate.
- Choose the notification method; email or SMS
- Choose the type of Front and back number plate i.e Oblong or Square
- Choose the plate counter collection office
- On the Lost/Defaced Number Plate & Tape Lifting Report sections attach a scanned copy of the original logbook and an image of the number plates in pdf on both slots. A tape lifting report is not required when applying for the new digital generation number plates.
- Confirm the vehicle particulars and pay. If paying via Mpesa, you will be charged Ksh 3,050.
- NTSA will alert you via SMS or Email when the number plate is ready for collection. It takes up to two weeks to get the new number plates.
Headquarters: 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Along 2nd Ngong Avenue, Nairobi.
Contact: 0709 932 000, 020 663 2000.
Email: [email protected].