The National Management Information Management System, NEMIS, is used to carry out a wide variety of school related online activities. One of those activities is to deal with learner placement and admission.
How to Admit a learner by using the NEMIS System.
Admission of all learners is done online via the NEMIS portal. To admit a form one student, follow the steps below:
- Log onto the NEMIS portal by using the link http://nemis.education.go.ke/
- Once logged in, select the ‘LEARNER’ tab and from the drop down list click on ‘Admit/ Capture Requests’.
- Enter the Learner’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, index number in full into ‘Search (UPI/ Index) and click on ‘CHECK’.
- The system will display the Learner’s details; Index, Name, Gender, Marks and Student selected to (Name of secondary school).
- Finally, click on the ‘Accept Placement Request’ to complete the admission process.
The ‘LEARNER’ tab, on the NEMIS window, can also be used to carry out the following learner related operations:
- PENDING REGISTRATION: View a list of learners whose Registration is pending. These are learners whose details have not been entered as required i.e missing some information like their photographs.
- VIEW MY LEARNERS: A menu used to view the list of all learners whose details have been fully updated on the NEMIS system.
- LIST OF ADMISSION REQUESTS: Shows the list of admission requests as uploaded onto the NEMIS system for approval by the Ministry of Education’s field officers.
- LIST OF PROCESSED ADMISSION REQUESTS: To display the list of learners whose admission requests have been approved by the Ministry of Education’s Field officers.
- RECEIVE LEARNER: Used to admit a continuing learner; who has transferred from another school.
- RELEASE LEARNER: Used to transfer a learner to join another school after the transfer has been granted by the Education Ministry’s Field Officers.