The United States, U.S, Embassy Nairobi Human Resources Office encourages interested job applicants to apply for any of our open positions!
Please use the following link to view all currently available vacancies and submit applications: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/ken/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms
Click on the position to view it’s details.
If you don’t have an account yet, please create one using the instructions below. Login using the password that you created and answer all the questions. You are required to submit a complete online application with all required supporting documents by the deadline of each vacancy.
How to create an account in ERA:
Step 2: Click the Position Title
Step 3: Click the APPLY TO THIS VACANCY button
Step 4: Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button
Step 5: Fill in the blanks as required.
Step 6: Click NEXT – you will be asked to create a password. Your password must have at least 12 characters and must include at least one alphanumeric (upper and lower case), one digit, one special character and no spaces. The password will be valid for 60 days and so must be changed before expiry.Answer three security questions. These are used if you can’t remember your password. Answer each question in a way that you will easily remember.
Step 1: Click the Position Title
Step 2: Click APPLY TO THIS VACANCY button
Step 3: Login using the password that you created
You must answer all of the questions, upload required documents and submit.
You will use the same account that you have set up whenever you apply for other positions in future.
DETAILS ON THE AVAILABLE POSTS
HOUSING CLERK JOB
Hiring Agency:Embassy Nairobi
Position Title:Housing Clerk
Open Period:08/26/2019 – 09/10/2019
Vacancy Time Zone:GMT+3
Series/Grade:LE – 0820 6
Work Schedule:Full-time – 40 hours per week
Duty Location(s):1 Vacancy in Nairobi, KE
For More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FS is FP. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Only one Open-to category should remain:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary periodMarketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 number of hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoTravel Required:Not RequiredBack to top
Basic Function of the Position
The incumbent combines two functions of secretary and administrative assistant in the General Services Office Leasing unit, which manages the inventory of all 294 USG leased and owned properties serving 32 USG agencies; assists in coordinating and planning the clerical and office support responsibilities, performing administrative and clerical duties, including ordering supplies using Department of State software; acts as the alternate Contracting Officer’s Representative on the garbage contract for all residential and office areas with a daily collection cycle and performs other related tasks in the management, administration, execution and oversight of the garbage contract.
Position will be supervised by Housing/Leasing SupervisorBack to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least two (2) years of progressive responsibility in office management is required.
• Must have proficiency in Microsoft Suite computer application packages such as MS Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-Outlook, etc.).
• Must have basic accounting skills, management skills, Organizational skills and Customer service skills.Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A diploma in business/office management is also required.
Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. (This may be tested). Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to plan, coordinate and monitor activities related to work performed by vendors at residences.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a local security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
- High school certificate
- Diploma in business/office management.
Applications without required documents will not be consideredNext Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.