The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, has released the payment rates for contracted professionals who will be in charge of this year’s national examinations. The contracted professionals who include Centre Managers (Principals and Head Teachers), Supervisors, Invigilators and Security Personnel are expected to update their details online and download their invitation letters at https://cp2.knec.ac.ke/Professionals
- How to download the 2019 knec supervision, invigilation and centre manager invitation letters for the 2019 contracted professionals
- How to download the knec examiners’ invitation letters
According to Payment details released by the Council, Primary school head who will act as Centre Managers for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, exams will pocket a daily subsistence allowance of Sh500; for a total of 4 days (including rehearsal day). On their part, Secondary schools Principals are expected to also earn a daily allowance of Sh500 for 18 days. The highest paid Supervisor will walk away with a sum total of Sh12,510 while the highest paid invigilator will pocket Sh9860. The National exams will be administered and managed by 179,149 teachers in the capacities of centre managers, supervisors, invigilators and markers. Of this, 70,790 personnel will be used during the field administration of the KCSE examinations.
The Council has failed to factor payment for Deputy Head Teachers and Principals despite the fact that they will be present during the examination period as assistant Centre Managers. Also walking home empty handed are teachers handling science subjects who will be required to prepare and administer practicals during the KCSE examinations.
This year’s KCPE exams will be done between October 29 and 31. Writing of theory and practical exams for KCSE exams is expected to be between Monday 4th November and Wednesday 27th November. The government has mobilised 180,000 teachers as well as police helicopters for this year’s national examinations.
The table below summarizes the expected pay for the 2019 Contracted Professionals:
|Contracted Profesional||Exam||Region||Pay Per Day||Total Days engaged||Total Pay|
|Centre Manager||KCPE||All Regions||Sh500||4||Sh2,000|
|Centre Manager||KCSE||All Regions||Sh500||18||Sh9,000|
|Invigilators||KCSE||Nairobi & Mombasa||Sh580||17||Sh9,860|
|Supervisors||KCSE||Nairobi & Mombasa||Sh695||18||Sh12,510|
|Security Officers||KCSE||All Regions||Sh420||16||Sh6,720|
Here are the guidelines on how to download the invitation letters online:
1.0 The Kenya National Examinations Council shall invite the existing and qualified newly
trained Examiners for the 2019 marking exercise online.
2.0 The site shall be accessible from 22nd October, 2019 by all KCPE and KCSE
3.0 Examiners concerned shall be required to do the following:
3.1 Access KNEC Contracted Professionals Website using the link: https://examinersapp.knec.ac.ke.
3.2 Those with cp2 accounts, login into the Examiners portal using their username
3.3 Those without cp2 accounts, click on reset password button to enter their mobile
numbers in format (2547*******) and submit to get their username and pass
word for logging into the system.
3.4 Upon successful login, complete their personal information and save. Using
the dashboard provided, access, download, print and read the invitation letters
and the Marking Instructions. Further instructions on acceptance and rejection
of marking offer are given in the invitation letter.
For further details contact any of the following:
4.1 Telephone numbers: 0720 741003, 0732 333530, 0775 471980, 0775 471997:
4.2 Email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
The 2019 marking exercise is slated for November/ December.
- Click here to Visit the TSC portal for all information related to teachers and TSC
- Education news portal: Click here to get all news from the Education Sector
- For information related to KNEC, KCSE, KCPE, P1 Exams; click here
- KUCCPS portal; Click to get all information on Colleges, university students and Polytechnics, TVETs
- Looking for news on the Higher Education Loans Board, HELB? Click here
- UNiversities and Colleges News Portal: Click here for all Courses, Admission Requirements, Portals, Fees, Contacts and Many More
- All Schools’ Portal: Complete guide to Primary and Secondary Schools
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals