The Ministry of Education has opened the window for 2020 form ones who are not satisfied with schools where they were placed. According to the Ministry, the change of placement will end on 6th January, 2020 to allow for the admission process to kick off.
These changes will only apply to National Schools, Extra County and County schools. These requests will be subject to availability of spaces in the desired schools.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
HOW TO CHANGE A CHILD’S PLACEMENT FOR NATIONAL, EXTRA COUNTY AND COUNTY SCHOOLS.
The procedure used for requesting change of admission for National, Extra County and County Schools is as follows:
- The parent or guardian will place a request at the school of interest; where he/ she wants the kid to be transferred to. The school will then shortlist and merit all students in the waiting (request) list and make a decision on those they will like to absorb; depending on the available (unfilled) vacancies.
- The school through the National Education Management System, NEMIS –https://nemis.education.go.ke/, shall enter the details of the selected candidates from their waiting list and request the Ministry to capture them in the new school.
- Approval to the schools’ requests shall be granted at different levels depending on the Category of the school. Approval for National, Extra County and County schools will be granted by the Ministry’s Head Office, Regional Coordinators and County Directors of Education, respectively.
- Once the approval has been granted, the learner will then be moved from the selection list of the first school to the latest (new) school.
- The parent/ guardian will then go online and print the admission letter for the new school.
“Change of placement is not reversible and caution must be taken to avoid being placed in schools not desired,” warns the Ministry.
When a school has made a decision to offer a place to a student, the school will proceed to enter the details of the student.
For National and Extra County schools, the same has to be approved while for county, sub county and private, the system accepts automatically.
HOW SCHOOLS CAN REQUEST FOR EXTRA VACANCIES
Where the capacity of a school has improved due to development of additional facilities in the year, a principal must request for placement of additional students and approval in NEMIS.